If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Blood Magik is an ancient forbidden blood-imbued form of dark magic and it is introduced as both a concept within the Mortal Kombat videogame franchise and a functioning major plot element in Mortal Kombat X: Comic Series based on the video game Mortal Kombat X.
This awesome but dangerous sorcery is shown as firing lightning-like streams of crimson-red magical energy, the most common characteristic trait of this power.
Acting as a power amplifier of sorts, this great and terrible magic is capable of increasing the strength, speed, and agility of whoever uses this power as well as giving him or her new enhanced abilities such as enhanced regeneration, increased freezing power or solar (sun) empowerment.
But with every power comes a price: any soul who used Blood Magik ends up in a bloodthirsty frenzy, attacking friends and foes alike without mercy and being driven insane as a resulting side effect of this forbidden sorcery.
In order to invoke and activate Blood Magik, one must spill their blood by their hands in a ceremonial phase known as the "Blood Code".
- Cassie Cage (unwilling)
- Forrest Fox (unwilling)
- Jacqui Briggs (unwilling)
- Johnny Cage (unwilling)
- Emperor Kotal Kahn
- Lord Raiden
- The Elder Gods
- Shujinko (unwilling)
- Sub-Zero (unwilling)
- Magik is a play or a pun on magic which is also called "magick".
- It is or might be a (direct) reference to Blood Magic itself.
- Though not named, Kotal Kahn invokes the mystical might of Blood Magik while in his Blood God Variation in Mortal Kombat X.
- Blood Magik originated from the Kamidogu (appearing as daggers in the Mortal Kombat X comics) in the alternate timeline, with the power stemming from the sacred relics.
- In the comics, the Kamidogu daggers and Blood Magik were both used by Raiden and the Elder Gods to seal away the Amulet of Shinnok into another dimension in hopes of keeping the "Father of All Evil" imprisoned inside his sacred relic for all eternity.
- To perform the Blood Code, one must shed their own blood with a Kamidogu dagger as on offering.
- It is said that once all of the Kamidogu are gathered together and would be used at once in a special rite, through Blood Magik will make and bring forth a blood god, a bloodthirsty deity of unimaginable power.
- It is said to be having tasted the blood of the One Being while tapping into Blood Magik.
- It also may have some connection to the vampire Nitara from her homeworld of Vaeternus, though what that connection is but uncertain.