|“||Free at last!!!||„|
|~ Uka Uka upon breaking free from his underground temple prison.|
Every fictional villain breaks free from their prison and threats to take over any world.
Most often, wrongdoers escape from prison by themselves in several different methods.
- Blowing up their cell or whatever form of imprisonment.
- Digging underground.
- Using stealth and/or disguise to avoid detection and evade capture by authority figures.
And in some cases, someone might or may unknowingly allow the evildoer to escape from jail. And in other times, a villain would have to make allies with other prisoners to aid them in their escape.
- Discord escapes from his statue form.
- Tai Lung escapes from prison.
- Jafar escapes from his magic Lamp due to an unsuspecting Abis Mal's "assistance".
- Grune the Destroyer (in his ghost form) escapes from his tomb.
- Sideshow Bob escapes from prison and threatens to kill Bart and his family.
- Hexxus escapes from his tree prison (thanks to the tree leveler that chopped it down).
- Eclipsa Butterfly broke free from crystal.
- The Titan brothers has been freed by Hades.
- Zeebad escapes from the titular magic roundabout carousel after Dougal accidentally crashes the sugar cart into the roundabout.
- Lucy escapes from the laboratory where she was being held captive with the help of one scientist and she kills anyone who crosses her path while leaving the Diclonius Research Institute.
- After hearing Diva singing inside the tower she was locked in, Diva's twin sister is impressed on how beautiful her voice is. So, she opens the door of the tower's cell and asks Diva to sing at Joel's birthday party. Diva leaves the tower and kills everyone in the party.
- Imhotep has been revived when somebody reads the Book of the Dead.
- Ahmanet awakens from her tomb.
- Dr. Evil and Mini-Me escape from prison.
- The Winged M.U.T.O. hatches from his cocoon after having hibernation and causes havoc at the Janjira power plant before escaping while the Eight-Legged M.U.T.O. hatches as well and breaks out of a mountain she was contained in.
- Megatron escapes from his icy-encased prison to retrieve the Allspark cube.
- Dr. Claw digs his way out of Riverton Prison
- The Indoraptor breaks free from his cage and launches an attack on the customers.
- Rita Repulsa and her henchmen escapes from the Space Dumpster.
- Shredder is broken out of prison by Dr Baxter Stockman and the Foot Clan while being transferred between prisons. During this, Bebop and Rocksteady use the ambush to make their own escape.
- Mr. Freeze is broken out of Arkham Asylum by Poison Ivy and Bane and lives in her lair.
- The Indominus Rex escapes from her fold, when she chased Owen.
- Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow escape from prison leaving Destro behind thanks to Firefly who set them free.
- Mark Pierson escapes from a mental hospital and plans to kidnap Napoleon and Samantha 10 days later.
- Hela is released from her prison after Odin dies since his life was what kept her locked up for millions of years.
- King Ghidorah is freed from his icy prison in Antarctica by Dr. Emma Russell.
- A.J. Arno and Cookie are released from the state prison before Harry Crumply hires them to steal the strength formula.
- Magneto manages to escape from the plastic prison with Mystique's help in X-Men 2. In X-Men: Days of a Future Past, he also escapes from prison with the help of Quicksilver, Wolverine and Charles Xavier.