|“||I did love being a hero... but if this is where it leads, I'm done with it.||„|
|~ Superman moments before killing President Lex Luthor which later led to the formation of the Justice Lords.|
Fallen Heroes is commonly coined for lost heroes and lost heroines turning over to the dark side.
What They Are in That Way?
Many heroes walk a thin line between good and evil, indeed many heroes have been driven by despair, rage, or even madness onto the path of bad, often fighting against people they once protected or fought alongside. These villains turn evil due to events in their lives, such as being corrupted by another evildoer, their desire for revenge, a failed love relationship, or even betrayal. A Hero turned to the Dark side is usually the end-result of a protagonist exposed to a Corrupting Influence, a Brainwasher, a Possessor and occasionally a Charismatic Villain, an Extortionist or a Blackmailer.
In many ways, a Fallen Hero represents the fear of great person turned into a new hateful being driven in many ways driven into evil. In the worst cases, these characters can even become Pure Evil to add drama to the story, once they throw away whatever redeeming features they may have had.
Types of Fallen Heroes
Depending on the setting they can turn in this different scenarios:
- Rejected By Everyone: A character who may have been done heroic things but have been looked down by his/her peers and turned against them.
- Not Good With Rejection/The Lost Lenore: The saddest way in that a hero turns into villainy, Many heroes fall in love but in the way, their beloved rejected him or in the worst of the cases died for the greater good.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: An individual that is seen as merely pathetic but in a moment can turn into a new unholy horror.
- From Sugar to Excrement: A character who was looked by anyone as great is later been revealed as true monster bringing shock and/or despair to those who know him/her.
- From Champion to Power Hungry: A character who initially have a new found power but later used to his/her selfish ambition turned him into the very being they sought to defeat/destroy.
- Protagonist Journey into Villainy: An interesting way to turn a hero into a villain. The individual first begins as good but turn evil.
- Commonly Fallen Heroes can be Knights of Cerebus, In a way that serves as a foil to the hero, and also as a cautionary tale to future generations of heroes.
- Normally, they will talk about the greatest things they do before turning into villainy, to later rejected those notions.
- Characters who were acolytes to a hero or are "Average Joes" do not qualify as Fallen Heroes, Neither Fake Hero who tale fake stories.
All in all, These characters could have the possibility to redeem themselves in order to prove that in their heart there is a good person, in others, one could reject such a notion, at the end they choose a way that may never come back.