|“||I did love being a hero... but if this is where it leads, I'm done with it.||„|
|~ Superman, moments before killing President Lex Luthor which later led to the formation of the Justice Lords.|
Fallen Heroes is commonly named for lost heroes and heroines turning over to the dark side.
What They Are in That Way?
Many heroes walk a thin line between good and evil, indeed many heroes have been driven by despair, rage, or even madness onto the path of bad, often fighting against people they once protected or fought alongside. These villains turn evil due to events in their lives, such as being corrupted by another evildoer, their desire for revenge, a failed love relationship, or even betrayal. A Hero turned to the Dark side is usually the end-result of a protagonist exposed to a Corrupting Influence, a Brainwasher, a Possessor and occasionally a Charismatic Villain, an Extortionist or a Blackmailer.
In many ways, a Fallen Hero represents the fear of great person turned into a new hateful being driven in many ways driven into evil. In the worst cases, these characters can even become Pure Evil to add drama to the story, once they throw away whatever redeeming features they may have had.
Types of Fallen Heroes
Depending on the setting they can turn in this different scenarios:
- Rejected By Everyone: A character who may have been done heroic things but have been looked down by his/her peers and turned against them.
- Not Good With Rejection/The Lost Lenore: The saddest way in that a hero turns into villainy, Many heroes fall in love but in the way, their beloved rejected him or in the worst of the cases died for the greater good.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: An individual that is seen as merely pathetic but in a moment can turn into a new unholy horror.
- From Sugar to Excrement: A character who was looked by anyone as great is later been revealed as true monster bringing shock and/or despair to those who know him/her.
- From Champion to Power Hungry: A character who initially have a new found power but later used to his/her selfish ambition turned him into the very being they sought to defeat/destroy.
- Protagonist Journey into Villainy: An interesting way to turn a hero into a villain. The individual first begins as good but turn evil.
- Commonly Fallen Heroes can be Knights of Cerebus, In a way that serves as a foil to the hero, and also as a cautionary tale to future generations of heroes.
- Normally, they will talk about the greatest things they do before turning into villainy, to later rejected those notions.
- Characters who were acolytes to a hero or are "Average Joes" do not qualify as Fallen Heroes, Neither Fake Hero who tale fake stories.
All in all, These characters could have the possibility to redeem themselves in order to prove that in their heart there is a good person, in others, one could reject such a notion, at the end they choose a way that may never come back.
- Tantalus (Greco-Roman mythology).
Anime and Manga
- Yu Yu Hakusho:
- Digimon series:
- One Piece:
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure:
- Akio Ohtori (Revolutionary Girl Utena).
- Death Note:
- Fairy Tail:
- Attack on Titan:
- Akame Ga Kill!:
- Isaac Ray Peram Westcott (Date A Live).
- Zamasu aka Goku Black (Dragon Ball Super).
- Kalin Kessler/Kyosuke Kiryu (5Ds).
- Green Lantern
- Black Adam (Shazam).
- Superboy-Prime (Superman).
- Martha Wayne/Joker (Flashpoint).
- Winter Soldier (Captain America).
- Venom (Spider-Man).
- Star Wars
- The Plutonian (Irredeemable).
- Robert Callaghan aka Yokai (Big Hero 6).
- Kung Fu Panda:
- Ken (Toy Story 3).
- Tortoise John (Rango).
- Mor'do (Brave).
- Cad Spinner (Planes: Fire & Rescue).
- Thunderclap (The Good Dinosaur).
- Te Kā (Moana).
- Two-Face (The Lego Batman Movie).
- Rex Dangervest (The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part).
- Dr. Charles Decker (Konga).
- HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey).
- Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver).
- Star Wars:
- The Evil Dead franchise:
- Friday the 13th:
- Brundlefly (The Fly).
- Alex Forrest (Fatal Attraction).
- The Old Man (Robocop 2).
- Batman Returns:
- Two-Face (Batman Forever).
- Ace Rothstein (Casino).
- Mission: Impossible film series:
- Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin).
- Quentin (Cube).
- Sir August De Wynter (The Avengers 1998).
- Dr. Vannacutt (House on Haunted Hill).
- X-Men film series:
- Sebastian Caine (Hollow Man).
- Rinaldo Pazzi (Hannibal).
- Rachel Wright (I Spy).
- Bill (Kill Bill).
- Spider-Man trilogy:
- James Bond/007:
- Saw films:
- The Grudge 2
- Light Yagami (Death Note).
- Night at the Museum:
- Transformers film series:
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Iron Man trilogy:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
- Avengers: Age of Ultron:
- Darren Cross/Yellowjacket (Ant-Man).
- Kaecilius (Doctor Strange).
- Hela Odinsdottir (Thor: Ragnarok).
- Black Panther:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp:
- Two-Face (The Dark Knight).
- Mal Cobb (Inception).
- General Edward (Gulliver's Travels).
- Andrew Detmer (Chronicle).
- Curt Connors/Lizard (The Amazing Spider-Man).
- Evil Dead (2013):
- Zod (Man of Steel).
- Raymond Sellars (Robocop 2014).
- Planet of the Apes trilogy:
- Blaire Lily (Unfriended).
- Louis Bloom (Nightcrawler).
- Henry Wu (Jurassic World).
- T-3000/John Connor (Terminator Genysis).
- Preston Packard (Kong: Skull Island).
- David 8 (Alien: Covenant).
- Commander Arun Filitt (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets).
- Annabelle Higgins (Annabelle: Creation).
- Lori Spengler (Happy Death Day).
- Nagini (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald).
- Arthur Fleck/Joker (Joker).
- Macbeth (William Shakespeare's Macbeth).
- Hugh Crain (The Haunting of Hill House).
- General Woundwort (Watership Down).
- The Godfather:
- Stephen King:
- The Short-Timers:
- Jurassic Park:
- Harry Potter:
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Beyond Birthday (Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases).
- Gene Gavin (The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor).
- Harley Quinn (The Batman Adventures: Mad Love).
- Star Wars:
- Two-Face (Batman: The Animated Series).
- Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man: The Animated Series).
- Tengu Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003).
- Poison Ivy (The Batman).
- Dark Danny (Danny Phantom).
- Rigby (Regular Show).
- Wasp/Waspinator (Transformers Animated).
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Ice King (Adventure Time).
- Adu Du (BoBoiBoy).
- Justice Lord Batman (Justice League).
- Star Wars Rebels
- Nightra (Transformers: Robots in Disguise 2015).
- Stygian (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic).
- Raven Branwen (RWBY).
- Windom Earle (Twin Peaks).
- Power Rangers:
- Morgana Pendragon (Merlin).
- The Walking Dead:
- A Game of Thrones:
- Breaking Bad:
- Metatron (Supernatural).
- Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- Lester Nygaard (Fargo).
- Light Yagami (Death Note).
- Siobhan Smythe (Supergirl).
- Alex Standall (13 Reasons Why).
- Mortal Kombat:
- Penelope (Sly Cooper).
- Darth Revan (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic).
- Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario).
- Assassin's Creed:
- Shay Cormac
- Yuuki Terumi aka Takehaya Susanoo'o no Mikoto (BlazBlue).
- Dr. Merlot (RWBY: Grimm Eclipse).
- Galen Marek (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed).
- John White/The Beast (inFamous).
- Xenoblades Chronicles series:
- CLU 2 (TRON: Legacy).
- Jurassic Park: The Game:
- The Walking Dead series:
- Soren the Architect (Minecraft: Story Mode).
- Houkai series: