If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||As my strength gathers, the New Era draws ever closer.||„|
|~ Lady Kronika about the New Era.|
The New Era is refers to the planned reset of history and sinister goal of Lady Kronika the Keeper of Time in Mortal Kombat 11.
This plan was envisioned by the Keeper of Time herself once her son, the fallen Elder God Lord Shinnok, was permanently taken out by Earthrealm's thunder god Lord Raiden of an intricate game she designed for him: to be the bastion of death and darkness against his sister, also a virtuous Elder Goddess, Lady Cetrion, the paragon of life and light. With his exclusion, it was impossible for her meticulous plan to find perfection.
The main difference from the present timeline was that Raiden was to be wiped from history, and this was not only a necessary feature in order to avoid him unbalancing reality, but as a token of loyalty by using his enemies to defend the New Era (particularly Shao Kahn, Princess Kitana and Liu Kang). While this was to be the main difference between present and possible future, the goal Kronika wanted to achieve was to revive Shinnok and put him once again to pose as an opposite to Cetrion, while both kept their complex and tricky battle against each other by feeding on the war between the realms.
Changes Promised by Kronika
Kronika promised other changes to those who would assist her plans, most of them Raiden's enemies, however, it is unclear whether or not she planned on honoring her commitments. These changes included:
- Making Shao Kahn the Emperor of Outworld again.
- Ensuring Frost's takeover of the Lin Kuei Clan as their new Grandmaster.
- Stopping Jacqui Briggs from joining the Special Forces.
- The revival of the Tarkata race.
- The formation of a clan for Noob Saibot and to alter his death at the hands of Scorpion.
- The survival of the Kytinn species.
- The revival of the Shirai Ryu Clan.
- The Black Dragon Clan's success.
- The revival of the Cyber Lin Kuei.
- Glory for revenant Kung Lao.
If Kronika did succeed in resetting the timeline, so far depends on the ending of Mortal Kombat 11:
- If the players loses one round to her, Liu Kang is unable to keep her from resetting time and going back to the Chaotian Age, erasing everything that has ever existed. This way, only the Chosen One and Raiden remain to sculpt the Sands of Time.
- If the player manages to win both rounds, Liu Kang is not only successful in avoiding Kronika resetting everything by her own, but as the timeline still goes on, he is capable of bringing Kitana with him. Once he does, both reset time to erase Kronika's mischievous plans, and he assumes the mantle of Keeper of Time and Protector of Earthrealm.