|“||Imagine that. A Decepticon turning out to be less than trustworthy.||„|
In order for a team to be effective, teamwork and trust among individuals is needed. Villains on the other hand, who are often motivated by greed or power rarely (if ever) trust each other. As a result, it is common for villainous teams and evil organizations to ultimately destroy themselves from infighting. This can take several forms.
- The second-in-command tries to kill or usurp the leader in order to seize power and control.
- A member of a heist team in a heist that has gone wrong abandons their companions with as much of the stolen loot as they can.
- Thieves start fighting over larger quantities of stolen loot instead of dividing it equally.
- Multiple major villains in an alliance or team-up start fighting among each other when victory is near.
- Unruly vassals or governors in an empire, a kingdom or a nation tries expanding the power and influence of their own territories and fiefdoms at the cost of the others.
- A boss betrays a high ranking minion when they are of no further use for them.
- A villain betrays another because they were paid to do so by another evil party.