|“||Take whatever booty you can find! But remember, the beast is MINE!||„|
|~ Gaston laying a siege on the Beast's castle.|
In many a story, there comes a time when the villain raids a place and/or lays a siege on a place, country, town, or city. This is one of the most evil acts ever done by an antagonist, and it can be for these reasons:
- To rid the land of real or imagined threats
- To find a source of supreme power
- To find an enemy to bring down
- To steal treasure for himself
- Baron Ruber lays a siege on Camelot to destroy King Arthur and rule the land.
- Kylo Ren invades Jakku to find the map to Luke Skywalker so the First Order can rule the galaxy.
- Gaston lays a siege on the Beast's castle to hunt down and destroy him.
- Judge Frollo lays a siege on Paris to murder gypsies, who he deems a threat to his country.
- The Tiki Demons lay a siege to drive intruders away.
- Doc Ock robs a bank to get the money he needs to build his invention and harness the power of the sun.
- Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters lay a siege on London.
- Sa'Luk and the Forty Thieves raid the Sultan's palace to find the Oracle's scepter.
- Pharaoh Seti I's soldiers invade Goshen to rid Egypt of the Jews' newborn sons.
- Captain Barbossa's henchmen lay a siege on Port Royal to find the lost Aztec gold, which he needs to break the curse inflicted on him and his crew.
- Koba and his thugs invade the city to bring down the humans who abused him.
- Slappy the Dummy and the Goosebumps monsters lay a siege on an entire town to find R.L. Stine and destroy him.
- Shan-Yu and the Huns lay a siege on an entire village.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.