|“||There's a new order now, MY order! Finally, YOU will bow to ME!||„|
|~ "Sultan" Jafar seizing power over the city of Agrabah.|
In countless works of fiction, there comes a time when the villain/villainess seizes his/her opportunity and gain power, channeling it into taking control over a nation or terrorizing the protagonist(s). In other words, the evildoer is Rising to Power.
The antagonist takes matters into his or her own hands does something that can quite warp his or her mind or change him or her into a more powerful force. Sometimes he or she can win the day when he or she obtains his or her power over others.
Rise to Power as it is called, can also lead to the Evil Laugh or the Villainous Breakdown. Villains who usually display this are dictators, giant monsters, masterminds, master manipulators, or evil geniuses.
There are many ways the wrongdoer can rise to power:
- Betraying the protagonist(s).
- Invasion/raid on certain areas so they were known to everyone.
- Revealing their evil plans.
- Unveiling their true colors.
- Ambushing the hero(es).
- Demanding the hero's loyalty or the faction's obedience.
- Successfully controlling something or someone.