|“||Now is the Rising. Now is the time.||„|
|~ Maxim Horvath about The Rising.|
The Rising is a powerful and deadly magical curse that deals primarily with resurrecting and even commanding a legion of long dead wicked sorcerers and it plays a major role in the 2010 Disney fantasy adventure movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was said that this forbidden power be sorcery's most dangerous spell that has ever existed.
Usage According to the Legend of The Rising
This accursed ceremony can be performed with incantations and a magic circular seal (be it the Morgana Star or the Merlin Circle) as the medium to open the rift between the mortal world and the netherworld. Such said incantations can be five (with the Morgana Star) or possibly six (with the Merlin Circle) lines long, and each line must be completed with a conjured trail of fiery Mana (preternatural energy of nature) that form its own part of the used circle.
Once both the circle and required incantations are completed, a dimensional rift, enveloped by dark clouds presumably from the netherworld itself, opens and releases deceased souls of wicked sorcerers into the world of the living. Returning to their mortal remains as jets of dark clouds, each crawls their way out of their grave while regenerating, ready to serve the one who brought them back to life. Similar rifts also open at different corners of the world with the same purpose, which means had The Rising conducted successfully and in full force, the caster will have more than enough army to conquer the world.
Maxim Horvath, a former Merlinean sorcerer, have discovered the means to improve the spell's performance through techno-magic means; by arranging 5 satellite dishes each positioned at what would be points of the formed Morgana Star, it will not only help properly arranging the circle, but also increase the rate of its success.
Unfortunately, such method comes with a setback where had the energy flow in the circle got interrupted (by moving the satellite away), all the magic released to conduct the ritual will implode into the caster and rendered him/her unconscious.
The Rising has Begun
Morgana le Fay and her evil allies including the 2 well-known Morganians, Maxim Horvath and Abigail Williams seeks to begin this dark ritual and revive all past conjurors of dark magic and rule the Earth in darkness. The ritual of the Rising began this time with 5 satillites positioned at five different buildings in modern day Manhattan in order to form a magic circle and perfect the accursed enchantment, all planned by Horvath while setting Morgana free to help her to conduct and finish the ritual.
This magical and sinister ceremony was stopped by Balthazar Blake with the help of Dave Stutler and his girlfriend Becky and set free his beloved Veronica Gorloisen from the evil Morgana le Fay's control.
- Ego voco citote o spiritus sin et terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis et terrae.
- Ego voco citote spiritus sin et terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis Ego voco citote spiritus per terribilem in eruptionis genus et terrae.
- Ego voco citote spiritus sine terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis genus Ego voco citote spiritus sin et terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis genus dirae.
- Ego voco per terribilem in eruptionis Ego voco citote spiritus sin et terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis (audible chanting fades).
- (inaudibly chanting) Ego voco citote spiritus sin et terrore et tremore per terribilem vix eruptionis...
The Rising magic is featured as a plot element in the 2010 Nintendo DS videogame adaptation of Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
- According to Google Translate, the incantation for the Rising translates as: "I call citote O breath if they panic and fear, scared by the terrible explosion and the earth", "I call citote breath if they panic and fear, scared by the terrible eruption will call citote breath through a terrifying outbursts race and the earth", "I call for a kind of citote of the sortie with the spirit of the scarce and by the terrible without terror and trembling and overwhelmed with fear and trembling, I call for a citote and by the terrible difficulty of the sortie with the spirit of the kind of the dreadful crime and if", "But if I call for a spirit, and by the terrible and filled with terror and trembling, in the of the sortie and by the terrible I call for a scarcely so unnerved the citote", and "I call citote breath if they panic and fear, scared by the terrible eruption ...".
- The Rising was sometimes referred to in the Latin language as "Et Resurgens".